måndag 12 oktober 2009

anais nin / quotes

"I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing."

"If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don't write, because our culture has no use for it."

"I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me nave or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman."

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say."

"There is not one big cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person."

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar